ATBU Admission Requirement
Note: The steps below allowed you to get admission into the Postgraduate program of your choice in our school.:
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University and other acknowledged universities with a Second class honors degree.
- Students with other relevant field experience is equally acceptable by the University.
- Holders of B, Sc, and HND with a Credit Pass.
ATBU Admission Requirement for Master Degree
- Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University who have obtained first degree with a second class honors (and CGPA of 3.00) are equivalent. And also University honors degree and suitable postgraduate diplomas of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University and other acknowledged universities with a Credit Pass.
- a student with an average result of at least C and above
- Students with a Higher National Diploma with the slightest credit pass from a documented institution with a credit pass of postgraduate diploma of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University in the related areas at upper credit level.
- Candidates may be asked to sit for a qualifying examination before approval of registration.
Master of Philosophy (M. Ph.D.) and Masters by Research Degrees
- Graduate of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University or other documented institutions with a first-degree result of with at least second class honors (upper division).
- A good second-class honors degree plus a considerable relevant industrial experience.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Degree
- Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University with a Master’s Degree suitable for the proposed areas of study to have at least (CGPA of 3.5).
- Graduates of other recognized universities with higher degrees considered the same by the university.
- Candidates for the Ph.D. program may be requested to pass a qualifying examination and maybe ask to undergo a test period, not beyond 12 calendar months.