ACU: Social justice-focused education and research.
The Australian Catholic University (ACU) offers Global Excellence Scholarships for international students who wish to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate coursework programs at the university. These scholarships provide tuition fee waivers of up to AUD$2,500 per semester for the duration of the program of study. To be eligible, students must have demonstrated academic excellence in their previous studies, meet the English language proficiency requirements, and be enrolled or intend to enroll full-time at ACU. The application process typically involves submitting an online application form, academic transcripts, and other supporting documentation. The deadline for applications varies depending on the program of study and the intake session.
About Australian Catholic University (ACU)
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is a public university in Australia with seven campuses across the country. It was established in 1991 following the merger of several Catholic tertiary institutions. ACU is a research-intensive university that offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields, including arts and humanities, business, education, health sciences, law, and theology. ACU is committed to providing a high-quality education that is informed by Catholic intellectual tradition and social justice values. The university has a diverse student population, with over 32,000 students from more than 160 countries. ACU also has a strong focus on community engagement and partnerships, and its research activities aim to address real-world challenges and make a positive impact on society.
Australian Catholic University Global Excellence Scholarships
- Organisation: Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Country of study: Australia
- School to study : Australian Catholic University
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline : August 31, 2023
Aim and Benefits of Australian Catholic University Global Excellence Scholarships
The aim of the Australian Catholic University (ACU) Global Excellence Scholarships is to provide financial assistance to high-achieving international students who wish to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate coursework programs at ACU. The scholarships aim to support academic excellence and promote diversity and inclusion in the university community.
The benefits of ACU Global Excellence Scholarships include tuition fee waivers of up to AUD$2,500 per semester for the duration of the program of study. The scholarships can help to reduce the financial burden of studying in Australia and allow students to focus on their academic and personal goals. Additionally, scholarship recipients may have the opportunity to participate in academic and social events, connect with other students and staff, and gain valuable international experience that can enhance their future career prospects.
Requirements for ACU Global Excellence Scholarships Qualification
The eligibility criteria for the ACU Global Excellence Scholarships for international students may vary depending on the program of study and level of study. However, here are some general requirements that may apply:
- Be an international student (not an Australian citizen or permanent resident)
- Have applied for admission or be enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program at ACU
- Meet the academic entry requirements for the program of study
- Meet the English language proficiency requirements (if applicable)
- Have demonstrated academic excellence in previous studies, as evidenced by academic transcripts or other supporting documentation
- Meet any additional eligibility criteria that may be specified for each scholarship, such as financial need, community involvement, or leadership potential.
- Applicants must not be in receipt of an Australian Catholic University International Student Scholarship (ISS).
- Applicants must not be receiving any other scholarship or award if the total combined value exceeds the tuition fee for the course.
- Applicants must not be attending ACU as a Study Abroad or Exchange student
- Applicants must commence studies between July 2023 and December 2023.
It is important to note that meeting the eligibility requirements does not guarantee that you will be awarded a scholarship. The selection process may also take into account the availability of funds, the number of applications received, and other factors specific to each scholarship. Therefore, it is important to prepare a strong scholarship application that demonstrates your academic potential, leadership qualities, community involvement, and other relevant achievements.
Australian Catholic University Courses
Australian Catholic University (ACU) offers a wide range of courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in various fields, including:
- Arts and humanities
- Business and commerce
- Education and teaching
- Health sciences and allied health
- Law and legal studies
- Philosophy and theology
- Psychology and counseling
- Public health and social work
- Science and mathematics
Each course may have its own set of requirements and prerequisites, so it is important to check the ACU website or contact the university for more information. Additionally, ACU offers flexible study options, including full-time and part-time study, online and blended learning, and study abroad programs, to cater to the diverse needs and interests of students.
Australian Catholic University Fees
The tuition fees for Australian Catholic University (ACU) may vary depending on the course and level of study, as well as the student’s citizenship status. Here are some general fee information for the 2022 academic year:
- Undergraduate domestic students: The annual tuition fee for a full-time undergraduate course (typically 8 units per year) ranges from approximately AUD$6,656 to AUD$12,360, depending on the course.
- Undergraduate international students: The annual tuition fee for a full-time undergraduate course (typically 8 units per year) ranges from approximately AUD$23,104 to AUD$37,080, depending on the course.
- Postgraduate domestic students: The annual tuition fee for a full-time postgraduate coursework course (typically 8 units per year) ranges from approximately AUD$11,360 to AUD$23,040, depending on the course.
- Postgraduate international students: The annual tuition fee for a full-time postgraduate coursework course (typically 8 units per year) ranges from approximately AUD$28,288 to AUD$41,840, depending on the course.
These fees are subject to change and do not include other costs such as textbooks, accommodation, and living expenses. It is important to check the ACU website or contact the university for up-to-date fee information and any available scholarships or financial assistance options.
Australian Catholic University Scholarships
- ACU International Student Scholarship: This scholarship offers up to AUD$3,000 per year for the duration of a student’s course and is available to commencing international students who have demonstrated academic excellence.
- Destination Australia Scholarship: This scholarship provides financial support of up to AUD$15,000 per year to students from regional or remote areas of Australia who are studying full-time at ACU.
- Equity Scholarships: These scholarships are designed to assist students from disadvantaged backgrounds and provide financial support of up to AUD$10,000 per year.
- Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship: This scholarship offers full tuition fee waivers to commencing students who have demonstrated academic excellence.
- Indigenous Scholarships: ACU offers a range of scholarships and financial assistance options specifically for Indigenous Australian students, including the Indigenous Access Scholarship, Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarship, and Indigenous Higher Education Scholarship.
These are just a few examples of the scholarships available at ACU. Eligibility criteria and application procedures vary depending on the scholarship, so it is important to check the ACU website or contact the university for more information.
Australian Catholic University Library
The Australian Catholic University (ACU) has a network of libraries across its campuses in Australia. The libraries offer a range of resources and services to support teaching, learning, and research activities, including:
- Access to online databases and electronic resources: ACU libraries provide access to a vast collection of online databases, e-books, and e-journals, which can be accessed remotely by students and staff.
- Physical collections: The libraries also have a wide range of physical collections, including books, journals, and multimedia resources, which can be borrowed by students and staff.
- Research support: ACU libraries offer research support services, including assistance with literature searching, reference management, and research data management.
- Information literacy and academic skills support: The libraries provide resources and support for developing information literacy and academic skills, including workshops, online tutorials, and individual consultations.
- Study spaces: The libraries offer a variety of study spaces, including quiet study areas, group study rooms, and computer labs.
Students and staff can access the library services and resources through the ACU Library website, which provides online access to the library catalog, online databases, and other resources.
Australian Catholic University Login
The login process for ACU (Australian Catholic University) depends on the purpose of your login. Here are some common login portals for ACU:
- ACU student login: ACU students can access their student portal through the “MyACU” login page. This portal provides access to student records, course materials, and other important resources.
- ACU staff login: ACU staff members can access the staff portal through the “ACU Staff Portal” login page. This portal provides access to staff records, employment information, and other important resources.
- ACU library login: Students and staff can access the ACU Library resources and services by logging in through the library website using their ACU username and password.
- ACU email login: ACU email accounts can be accessed through the “ACU Email Login” page, which requires the ACU username and password.
- ACU applicant login: Prospective students can access their ACU application portal through the “ACU Application Portal” login page. This portal provides access to the application status, admission requirements, and other important information.
The login process and credentials may vary depending on the specific portal or service you are trying to access.
FAQs about The Australian Catholic University
- What is ACU? ACU is a public research university in Australia that is dedicated to providing quality education, research, and community engagement opportunities. It is one of the few Catholic universities in the world and has a strong focus on social justice and ethical values.
- How many campuses does ACU have? ACU has seven campuses located across Australia in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Ballarat, Canberra, Adelaide, and Rome.
- What courses does ACU offer? ACU offers a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate, and research courses in areas such as business, education, health sciences, law, humanities, and social sciences.
- How can I apply to ACU? Prospective students can apply to ACU online through the ACU website or through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) or the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).
- What scholarships are available at ACU? ACU offers a range of scholarships and awards to both domestic and international students, including the Global Excellence Scholarships, Equity Scholarships, and Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships.
- What research areas is ACU known for? ACU has a strong research focus in areas such as health sciences, education, social sciences, and theology.
- Does ACU have a library? Yes, ACU has a network of libraries across its campuses in Australia. The libraries offer a range of resources and services to support teaching, learning, and research activities.
- What is campus life like at ACU? ACU offers a vibrant campus life with a range of student clubs, societies, and events, as well as modern facilities and accommodation options.
- What support services are available at ACU? ACU offers a range of support services to students, including academic support, career services, counseling services, and disability services.
Griffith University Scholarship Research Training Program | Australian Government 2023-2024
Login Page Australian Catholic University
To login to the Australian Catholic University (ACU), you can visit the official ACU website and click on the “Sign In” button located at the top right corner of the homepage. From there, you will be prompted to enter your login credentials, which may include your username and password.
August 31, 2023