The course requirement to read philosophy in any University in Nigeria and abroad, subject requirement to study philosophy, jobs, and salaries, what you can do with a philosophy degree, jamb cut off mark for philosophy 2021/2022.
In an academic discipline/career, philosophy Is the study of the fundamental nature of information, truth, and life. It Is the study of the theoretical basis of a particular area of information or experience. It Is a discipline involving its core logic, aesthetics, ethics, metaphysics, and epistemology.
It is important to analyze some of the necessary Course Requirement To Read Philosophy in any university in Nigeria and abroad. The requirement is given as follows;
Philosophy is a belief that is life-threatening and broad
1 analytic and synthetic
2 practical and theoretical
3 logical and empirical
Philosophy is a belief that is LIFE-THREATENING i.e.
1)it condemns assumptions, meanings, word usages, traditions, and ideas.
2) it develops clear meanings and constructions of plans and recollects maximum accuracy in countenance.
3) it is logical criteria of consistency and coherency to be valuable
coherency – the terms and idioms that have to mean in relation to one another within a single framework of thought.
4) it sustains the REALISTIC principles of suitability and applicability
applicability- does not exist anything in the explanation that has no referent to some element experience.
5) it addresses social and human problems which come in a wide range of activities with a critical eye that is firm.
6)Philosophy has the scientific imagination in discovering the core values that humans have in their production.
7) Philosophy is an experimental knowledge of solving problems and giving results to real-life experiences.
8) Philosophy is specific in answering a question that is not related to practical matters.
A philosopher is a person that is highly educated in the field of philosophy who uses the acquired knowledge to solve problems. Philosophy is concerned with the studying of the subject matter of fields such as aesthetics, morals, epistemology, critical thinking, metaphysics, as well as social philosophy, and political philosophy. Nevertheless, a more generally accepted interpretation in academia is that a philosopher is one who has attained a Ph.D. in philosophy, imparts philosophy on scholars, has written literature in a field of philosophy, or is widely recognized as a philosopher.
When choosing a course, scholars are asked to consider whether philosophy is a course that can secure them a better living in life. Let consider this career listed below;
Philosophy is a course that prepares you for law school. It teaches you all kinds of logical reasoning and the theatricals aspect of studying law in different schools and exposes you to the principal moral of life and the government.
Scholars who want to study philosophy work in art and architecture which requires advanced technical training or a graduate degree, but a first degree in Philosophy can be very helpful for a scholar who wants to think creatively in their field.
Philosophy is an excellent addition to the group of students entering teachers’ college. Teaching at the college or university level requires an additional post-graduate degree in Philosophy, which will build you on your undergraduate Philosophy degree.
In philosophy as a career, students can become book writers and also publish the book after attending training in philosophy. He can be an agent in marketing textbooks, educating staff at large publishing houses, a copy editor and managing editor, selecting material for magazines and journals, the demand for a Philosopher provides diverse career opportunities in this field.
In this case it is possible for you to at the media station, making oral presentations to journalists, newscasters and also teleconferencing.
In Political Sciences, Philosophy can be an excellent guide for positions in federal civil services and policy research institutions. In addition, for you to advance you need an undergraduate degree in international affairs, public administration or policy development as the essential building block.
Scholars with advanced degrees are admitted in the theological school or seminary training for ministering often begin with an undergraduate degree in Philosophy. Especially if you have interests in philosophy, it’s good to have some training in philosophy before working in areas involving theology.
Various Philosophy graduates have their careers in business and management also Large firms recruiting future executives are on the lookout for people with a great all-around liberal arts education. The key skills they are seeking is; analysis, communication, problem-solving, and people skills
Aspiring scholars in philosophy can end up becoming a journalist.
Students with degrees in philosophy are well prepared for any job in which difficult value judgments and comparative analyses have to be made. This suits them in college and university administrations, that is in admissions, or in major foundations, or other non-profit enterprises devoted to various social causes.
What skills does studying philosophy develop?
1) create ideas on different problems
2) express and solve problems
3) expose assumptions and recommend alternatives
4) ability to differentiate intellectual differences without overlooking resemblances
5) evaluate, develop and formulate rational arguments
6) capability to make knowledgeable decisions, examining thoroughly the consequences of various actions
7) aptitude to examine various angles of topics
8) ability to write and speak clearly and effectively
9) interpret and assess various thoughts and theories
Philosophy is the last convenient workability. With its emphasis on reason and argumentation, philosophy is an excellent preparation for a career in law, religion, business, international diplomacy, social work, health organization or inscription as well as post-graduate education
3) business professional
7) non-profit work
8) public relations director
12) retail management
17) social worker
19) labor relations
20) foreign service officer
21) public policy
You can become…
1) President of Nigeria
2) Founder and Manager of Gas and Petrol
4) CEO of an Organization
5) Supreme Court
6) Mayor of Los Angeles (Richard Riordan)
7) Secretary of Education
8) Prime Minister of Nigeria
9) Network Television Journalist
10) Co-founder of Foodstock
12) Academy-Award in Nigeria universities
13) Nigerian airforce army
14) Co-author of Universal Declaration of Human Rights
16) Seminary Anthropologist
The list of schools (Universities) that offers this course and the requirement To read Philosophy are as follows:
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Anambra State University, Uli
- Augustine University, Ilara, Lagos
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Bigard Memorial Seminary, Enugu (Affiliated to University of Ibadan, Oyo State
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Caleb University, Imota
- Claretain Institute of Philosophy, Nekede (Affiliated to Evan University, Owerri
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Dominican Institute, Samonda, Ibadan (Affliated to University of Ibadan, Oyo St
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Fountain University, Osogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike
- Imo State University, Owerri
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Madonna University, Okija
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye
- Pope John Major Seminary, Okpun, Awka (Affiliated to Nnamdi Azikiwe Univers
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State
- The seat of Wisdom Seminary, Owerri (Affiliated to Evan University, Owerri, Imo S
- Seminary of All Saints, Thiele, Ekpoma, Edo State (Affiliated to University of B
- Spiritan School of Philosophy, Issienu, Nsukka, (Affiliated to University of Nige
- St-Joseph Major Seminary, Ikot-Ekpene (Affiliated to the University of Uyo, Akwa-
- Tansen University, Oba, Anambra State
- University of Abuja, Abuja
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Calabar, Calabar
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan
- University of Lagos
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo
- Veritas University, Abuja
All JAMB candidates who wish to study Philosophy in the university are hereby informed that JAMB cut off mark for Philosophy has been released by the management of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board.