Fully funded scholarships in Canada are awards that cover all of the costs associated with studying in Canada, including tuition fees, living expenses, travel expenses, and health insurance. These scholarships are highly competitive, but they can be a great way to finance your studies in Canada without having to take on any debt.
Margaret McNamara Educational Grants Scholarships For Women From Developing Countries 2024
Margaret McNamara Educational Grants MMEG scholarships applications for female students from Developing Countries to assist women pursue their education with the aim of improving the lives of these women and children. Grants will be used in schools in the USA and Canada. The Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG) provides grants to women from developing countries to help further their education and strengthen their leadership skills to improve the lives of women and children in developing countries. About $15,000 Education grants are awarded to women from developing and middle-income countries who, upon obtainment of their degree, intend to return to or remain in their countries, or other developing countries, and work to improve the lives of women and/or children.
Our organization draws inspiration from Margaret McNamara, and her vision of education and gender equality. Margaret used her influence as wife of Robert McNamara, the World Bank’s fifth President, to advocate for the recognition and inclusion of these critical elements of development programs. Before her death, she was awarded the highest civilian distinction in the United States, the Medal of Honor, in recognition of her important contributions. The Margaret McNamara Education Grants (formerly known as MMMF) is a nonprofit, public charity founded in 1981, which awards education grants to exceptional women from developing countries, who are at least 25 years old, and enrolled at universities in the US, Canada and select universities in South Africa and Latin America.
Key Facts about Margaret McNamara Educational Grants Scholarships
Organisation: Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG)
Country of study: Canada, United States
Application: Deadline January 15, 2024
Requirements for Margaret McNamara Educational Grants Postgraduate Scholarship
- Be at least 25 years old at time of application deadline.
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG .
- Be enrolled at an accredited academic institution when submitting application; and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after award of the grant by the Board;
- Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff member or spouse.
- Already be enrolled as a full-time student, with relevant student visa in national passport.
- Plan to continue studying full-time for at least one academic semester (half year) following the award of the MMEG grant in April.
- Plan to graduate no later than two and a half years following the award of the MMEG grant.
- Not hold US citizenship or permanent residency (green card) or Canadian citizenship or Canadian landed immigrant status.
Documents Required for Application
- Identification (ID) card with photo: (a) national passport page with photo and date of birth, if studying outside your home country, or (b) government/university-issued identity card with photo and birth date.
- Most recent proof of official registration from university.
- Most recent official university transcripts and/or reports
- Visa page or study permit page within current passport.
- Second passport page with clear photo (in case of dual citizenship).
- You will be asked to upload these documents at specific points in the on-line application form.
- Brief paragraphs describing your personal story, and how your studies, experiences, and future plans are linked to your commitment to women and children in developing countries.
- An estimate of your financial situation, including living expenses, for the coming academic year, and planned strategies to cover funding needs;
- A summary of your thesis (if applicable), including its objective, methodology, and findings, and relationship to career goals.
- Two reference letters are required.
- One referee must be a faculty member from your current university. The second referee may be a person (non-family member) who can vouch for your character. At least one of the individuals must have known you for the equivalent of at least two semesters.
- Please contact two people from whom you would like to request a reference letter. After receiving their confirmation, you will be asked to provide in the application form: the email addresses of the two people providing references. They will each receive an email link from the Embark online platform to write their recommendation. When their recommendations are submitted, you will be notified by Embark.
Application Deadline : January 15, 2024
How to Apply Margaret McNamara Educational Grants Scholarship
- Go to Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG) on mmeg.embark.com to apply
- This program accepts applications between September 15 and January 15. Successful candidates will be personally notified of their grant in April.
- Queries may be addressed to email@example.com. The results will be announced on our web page in April.
- Remember to read the Application Checklist and FAQs before applying and select “US-Canada program” in the first question of the application. If the program name does not appear, the program may be closed to new applications.
- All of the documents listed on Application Checklist are required to complete your application.
- Failure to submit a complete application with all required documents by the close of the application period will result in ineligibility of the application, i.e., automatic exclusion of the applicant.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Humber College Entrance Scholarships For International Students 2024
At Humber, we offer our students a polytechnic education. We teach theory, add in practical, hands-on training and work with employers to give students opportunities to learn in real-world settings. Set in state-of-the-art and creative learning spaces, this unique approach unleashes innovative and entrepreneurial thinking and prepares students for the careers of today and tomorrow.
Key facts about Humber College Entrance Scholarships
Type: College School
Organisation: Humber College
Country of study: Canada
School to Study: Humber College
Gender: Men and Women
Application Deadline: September 30, 2023
Benefits of Humber College Entrance Scholarships
Humber College Entrance Scholarships will equate to CAD 2,000 off student’s tuition fees over the course of their first year of studies.
Requirements for Humber College Entrance Scholarships Qualification
Bachelors Degree: Bachelor’s Degree scholarships are available to students coming directly from high school/secondary school studies, who are non-transfer students (i.e. haven’t attended college or university, or studied in Humber’s EAP program), and are unlimited in quantity.
Humber awards degree scholarships automatically to graduating high school students based on academic achievement.
Graduate Degree: This entrance scholarship is available for Graduate Certificate, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma students.
Screening Date Process and Venue for Humber College Entrance Scholarships
Humber may consider high school students who have demonstrated academic excellence for the international entrance scholarship, but due to the limited number of scholarships available, only those with the highest GPA (Grade Point Average) will be awarded. Humber’s admissions team will calculate the GPA based on the high school transcripts received during the admissions assessment process.
A total of 20 scholarships will be awarded to new students starting in September. The award will be applied towards the student’s MyHumber account as a credit after the 10th day of classes in two instalments of CAD 1,000. Both payments will be applied to the second semester. The scholarship recipient is still required to pay the full amount for the first semester. Only successful recipients will be notified after the Day 10 of their 1st-semester studies.
Screening Documents includes:
To submit your scholarship please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Humber Student ID number
- Confirmed Letter of Acceptance from Humber College for fulltime program commencing in January 2024
- Personal statement of interest – must include your Grade Point Average.
- 2 reference letters
Deadline: September 30, 2023
University of Alberta Alexander Rutherford Scholarship for Undergraduate Students – 2023
Alexander Rutherford, who held the distinction of serving as both Alberta’s first premier and minister of education, is honored by the name of this scholarship. He was well-known for his ardent advocacy of public education, especially the University of Alberta, and for his prodigious activity in civic affairs. The prize honors senior high school students’ academic excellence and motivates them to seek post-secondary education. The College of Alberta is a public exploration college situated in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It was established in 1908 by Alexander Cameron Rutherford, the main chief of Alberta, and Henry Marshall Conservative, its most memorable president. Its empowering regulation is the Post-auxiliary Learning Act.
Key facts about University of Alberta Alexander Rutherford Scholarship
- Type: Undergraduate
- Organisation: University of Alberta
- Country of study: Canada
- School to study: University of Alberta
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
Benefits of University of Alberta Alexander Rutherford Scholarship
- Up to $2,500 scholarship
Specifications for University of Alberta Alexander Rutherford Scholarship
To receive this scholarship, you must also meet all of these eligibility criteria:
- Be a Canadian Resident, a Long-lasting Inhabitant of Canada or Safeguarded Individual under Canada’s Movement and Exile Insurance Act, (Visa understudies are not qualified).
- Be an Alberta occupant, and to be viewed as an Alberta inhabitant the accompanying circumstances should apply.
- One parent or legitimate watchman probably kept up with super durable home in Canada for something like 12 sequential months promptly preceding the candidate starting a program of study.
- Candidate has kept up with super durable home in Alberta no less than a year before beginning a program of study.
- Candidate isn’t qualified to get a grant regarding any grade except if the candidate or the candidate’s parent(s)/lawful gatekeeper were an occupant in Alberta all through the entire of that grade.
- Have finished secondary school on or after September 30, 1980.
- Be signed up for a full course load in an assigned post-optional or an apprenticeship program of no less than one semester long.
You may just be granted the Alexander Rutherford grant once.
How to Apply
Students who have obtained their official high school transcript marks should apply for an undergraduate programme in the University of Alberta. For more information and to submit an application, visit Alberta Student Aid directly. Once you have applied, you can check the status of your application on your Alberta Student Aid portal.
Canada Cape Breton University Entrance Scholarships For International Students – 2023
Cape Breton College is presently welcoming applications from qualified homegrown and global understudies for their Entry Scholarships for college understudies who wish to sign up for a degree program at the College. Cape Breton College Entry Grants are accessible for enlisting candidates.
Through the liberal commitments of contributors, $2.6 million in grants and bursaries are proposed to understudies entering CBU every year. Understudies entering direct from secondary school are considered for entrance grants in view of their scholastic grades.
Surrounded by pristine natural landscape, vibrant culture, and welcoming communities, Cape Breton University (CBU) is home to nearly 5,500 students from more than 40 countries around the world.We are committed to the future of Cape Breton Island, innovative economic development and sustainability programs, and Indigenous learning leadership. CBU offers a comprehensive set of liberal arts, science, business, health and professional programs on the first energy self-sufficient campus in North America. CBU provides students with the advantage of outstanding experiential learning and undergraduate research opportunities in a supportive academic environment.
Organisation: Cape Breton University
Country to study: Canada
School to study: Cape Breton University
Gender Men and Women
Application Deadline Not Specified
Requirements for Canada Cape Breton University Undergraduate Scholarship
- Articulation agreements (both domestic & international) qualify
- Students must be currently enrolled in their program of transfer
- ESL conditional offers must attend a CBU English language partner school to have award honoured
- Minimum 80% average as determined by CBU to be eligible with no failures
Screening Date and Venue for Canada Cape Breton University Undergraduate Scholarship
Selection: The scholarships are applicable to and awarded to undergraduate students with outstanding academic performance and/or students who are obviously in financial need.
Documents for Application
All entering students who wish to be considered for entrance scholarships must submit the following in addition to an admission application:
- Official transcript
- Financial need application for those interested in bursaries
Application Deadline: Not Specified
University Of Guelph Commonwealth Undergraduate Scholarships For Developing Countries – 2023
Established in honour of Dr. C. John Small, OAC BSA ’42, Hon D. Law ’75, and his lifelong dedication to foreign service. Apply to the Centre for International Programs by May 1 for visiting during the subsequent Fall or Winter semesters with the above mentioned documents.
The University of Guelph is like no other university in Canada. Research-intensive and learner-centred, our campuses span urban hubs and rural communities. We are known for excellence in the arts and sciences and for our commitment to developing exceptional thinkers and engaged citizens.
Our students, faculty and staff pursue active inquiry and exercise creativity across a range of disciplines — physical and life sciences, arts and humanities, social sciences, business, agricultural and veterinary sciences.
Our living and learning environments encourage exploration and the interdisciplinary sharing of new ideas, critical for meeting challenges posed by our more complex and interconnected world. Our faculty scholars and researchers provide students with groundbreaking research opportunities in laboratories, art studios and libraries and in the field. At Guelph, we turn knowledge into action.
- Type Undergraduate
- Organisation: University of Guelph
- Country to study: Canada
- School to study: University of Guelph
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline : Not Specified
Requirement for University Of Guelph Commonwealth Undergraduate Scholarship
Full-time visiting exchange students registered for at least one semester from a Commonwealth developing country who are pursuing studies or conducting research in the area of agriculture and rural development.
Screening Date for University Of Guelph Commonwealth Undergraduate Scholarships
- A one-page submission describing the significance for the student visiting Guelph to the program of study at the partner exchange University,
- Two faculty references of no more than one-page each, and
- Consistent high performance in course work completed, as documented by a transcript of program grades to date.
Deadline: Not Specified
University Of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship For International Students – 2023-2024
The UCalgary International Entrance Scholarship is a prestigious award that recognizes outstanding accomplishments of an international student beginning their undergraduate studies. The criteria for the Scholarship includes not only academic excellence but also accomplishments outside the classroom.
Organisation: University of Calgary
Country to study: Canada
School to study: University of Calgary
Gender: Men and Women
Application Deadline : December 1, 2023
Requirements for University Of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship
- Offered annually to undergraduate international students entering first year in any undergraduate degree in the upcoming fall term who have satisfied the university’s English Language Proficiency requirement. Renewable in the second, third and fourth year at the University of Calgary, provided recipients achieve a GPA of 2.60 or more over a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous fall and winter terms
- International students who are not Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada.
- Academic merit
Application Deadline: December 1, 2023