Amazon has been one of the best and paying for publishers to publish books and other items. Amazon self- publishing is a simple option if you ’re an indie author looking to publish an eBook or paperback book (through Amazon’s print- on- demand service) with lesser hassle normally set up throughout the publishing industry. It won’t fetch you anything right to publish on KDP, though Amazon does abate the cost to publish your book from your royalties if you ’re retailing paperback readings.
But if you blindly succeed the specialized steps to publish your book on Amazon without taking the time to do it right, you’ll end up with a book you won’t be proud of. You merit better price than that.
How Long Does It Take to Publish a Book on Amazon?
you can publish a book on Amazon in less than couple of minutes and your book appears on Kindle Store about 24-48 hours.
Some articles promise that if you follow their steps, you can be published by the end of the day. That’s true, I guess. But rushing through it will usually make your book, and thus you, look bad.
Note: Amazon offers two types of publishing options. These steps are specifically for Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) and not Amazon traditional publishing (Amazon Publishing).
Doing each step the right way might take a few extra hours. In some cases, it might take a few extra days. But it’s worth it to end up with a book you’ll be proud of, and a book that will sell.
How to Publish a Book on Amazon Using Kindle Direct Publishing – KDP (Amazon Self-Publishing)?
- Create an Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) Account – https://kdp.amazon.com/
- Add a new Kindle ebook Title
- Set Your Primary Language
- Enter your book title and subtitle
- Enter the Author name
- Enter your book description
- Verify your publishing rights
- Choose your keywords
- Choose two categories for your book
- Choose the right age range (if this applies)
- Choose your book release option
- Select DRM rights
- Upload your book
- Upload your book cover
- Preview your book
- ISBN and Publisher
- Skip KDP Select for now
- Choose your territories
- Choose your royalty and pricing
- Add the book to matchbook and book lending
- Save to draft until you are ready
- Self-publishing your print book (CreateSpace)