Many prospective students choose to study in the United State and yet not aware of the requirement documents, processes to follow to get to the United State, Name of University and courses offered in the school, and lots more. This page outlined the Travel documents required to migrate to the United State for studies and other necessary processes to follow to have a smooth migration to the US.
Study Visa Approval Stage
Every students migrating to the US needs a student’s Visa approval. After the student visa approval, a student can go to study in the U.S.A 30 days before the start date listed on the I-20/ DS-19 form. If one arrives early, then he/she would have to visit the USA on a tourist Visa for proper awareness of the studies environment. The student would have to leave the USA and come back again on the student Visa.
What are the Requirement to Study in the USA | Travel Checklist
The list of documents required to travel for studies in the US is as listed below;
- All Original Academic Qualifications/Certificates
- Chest X-Ray & Immunization Certificate (Recommended)
- I-20/DS-19 Form
- Internet Receipt Verifying SEVIS Fee Payment
- Passport With A Valid Visa To Study In The U.S.A
- Proof Of Finance, Affidavit And CA Statement
- University Address And Contact Detail
- University Offer Letter & Accommodation Proof
How to Study in the US
Study in the USA, and Immigration Process is outlined as follows;
- Fill the customs declaration form before entering customs and immigration facilities at the US airport.
- Keep all your documents handy.
- Go to international arrivals, immigration, and customs.
- Do not click pictures right after landing as it may lead to interrogation and confiscation of your cell phone.
- On reaching the immigration facilities, Go to the Passport Control/immigration counter and stand in the lane for foreign citizens.
- Submit the passport and immigration/ customs forms to the officer on duty.
- After validating the passports, the officer will declare admission to the US by putting an entry stamp on the passport.
- This stamp on the Visa will act as the legal status of student visa in the USA.
- After clearing the passport control, Go to the baggage claim section to collect your baggage and then forward to customs.
- If you are carrying any stuff that needs to be declared, move to the red lane that reads “Goods to Declare “, else move to the green lane that says “Nothing to Declare“.
- After completing the customs and immigration formalities, enter the International arrivals area.
- Proceed to the university shuttles, cars or taxis prearranged for your local destination.
Traveling in the USA for International students
Traveling in a huge country like the USA undoubtedly needs a lot of research. Especially for international students since they have all kind of constraints from time to money. Concerning the finances there are many funding options to study in the U.S.A for international students that help in covering these. While most of us know about the tourist attractions, knowing about how to reach that spot much more necessary. There are various methods of transport in the USA. Few of them are the following:
Renting a Bike
- One can find bike rentals very easily in the USA and opt for a relatively cheap mode to travel in the USA.
- On an Average, Renting a bike in the USA costs $75 per day but varies depending on the bike
- Most college campuses in the US provide a bike rack for parking the bikes safely.
- Public transportation in the US is expensive in urban areas.
- However, buses do not run as often in rural areas and an alternative method is used
- Greyhound offers an inexpensive way to travel across the USA through its extensive Bus system
- The average per person cost of traveling within cities in the USA is $7.36.
Trains and Subways
- Trains and Subways is Lifeline of Public transportation in the USA.
- They are comparatively cheap of traveling in the USA.
- The average fare of train and Subways in the USA is $2.75.
- A bit expensive than buses, yet faster but are usually considered for traveling Long distances.
Renting a Car in the USA
- Renting a car in the USA is the best option for the long weekend plans.
- Many car rentals are more than happy to rent their cars to international students.
- The average cost of renting a car is $ 80 considering cheap car rentals.
- The cost might vary with the types of car rented.
- Make sure to have a valid driver’s license before renting a car to avoid any legal trouble.
- Taxis is an ideal choice for international students.
- It is very expensive as compared to other modes of transportation in the USA.
- Use Taxi to travel long distances where there are no other modes of transport available.