Country of Study: UK
Next course starts: autumn 2023
The University of Sheffield are offering 50% tuition fee scholarships for international students to study an an undergraduate degree programme starting in autumn 2023. The scholarships are available to students who are starting their undergraduate studies at the University of Sheffield in the United Kingdom. The scholarships cover a portion of the tuition fees for each year of study and are renewable for up to three years, provided the student maintains a good academic record.
Host Institution(s): University of Sheffield, UK
Field of study: Any undergraduate degree offered at the University except Medicine (A100/A101) and Dentistry (A200)
Number of Awards: 75 awards are available
Target group: International students eligible to pay the overseas tuition fee.
The International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships at the University of Sheffield cover a portion of the tuition fees for each year of study, and the amount of the scholarship varies depending on the program of study. The scholarships are renewable for up to three years, subject to the student maintaining a good academic record.
The scholarship does not cover other costs such as accommodation, living expenses, or travel expenses. However, there are other scholarships and bursaries available for international students at the University of Sheffield that can help with these costs.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must have an offer of a study place for an undergraduate program at the University of Sheffield and must meet the academic and English language requirements for their chosen program. They must also be self-funded and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
Overall, the International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships at the University of Sheffield provide a valuable financial support for international students who have demonstrated academic excellence and are committed to pursuing their undergraduate studies in the United Kingdom.
To be considered for the scholarship:
- Your programme must be scheduled to commence at the University of Sheffield in autumn 2023.
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. All undergraduate degree courses are eligible with the exceptions of Medicine (A100/A101) and Dentistry (A200).
- For tuition fee purposes you must be self-funded and eligible to pay the overseas tuition fee.Must be classified as an overseas student for tuition fee purposes.
- Must have applied for and received an offer of a study place for an undergraduate program at the University of Sheffield.
- Must commence their studies in September 2022.
- Must have achieved, or be expected to achieve, a minimum of A*AA or equivalent in their previous studies.
- Must have met the English language requirements for their chosen program of study.
It’s important to note that meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee the award of a scholarship, as these are competitive awards and the number of scholarships available is limited. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to provide as much information as possible to support their application, including academic achievements, extra-curricular activities, and any relevant work experience.
See the complete eligibility criteria at the official website.
You must hold an offer to study at the University of Sheffield before you apply for this scholarship. You must apply online at the official website. The deadline to apply is Monday, 24 April 2023 at 13:00 (UK time).
It is important to visit the official website to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.