How to Apply for ITF Teachers Excellence Award 2021, Akwa Ibom State.
The Inoyo Toro Foundation (ITF) Teachers Award is a foundation established to improve the standard of education in Akwa Ibom State. In line with the mission, the Foundation has called for open application from interested and suitably qualified teachers in the state to apply for the Special Annual Award (Teacher’s Award for Excellence 2021) in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, History, and Visual Arts
The application Is open for Only Public Secondary Schools in Akwa Ibom State.
How to Apply for ITF Teachers Excellence Award 2021
- Go to https://award.inoyotorofoundation.org/
- Click Apply Now
- Select your category (Teacher or Principal)
- Fill out other fields
- Accept Terms & Conditions
- Submit form
- Check Email for other instructions.
- Applicant must be Teachers and Principals in the Public Secondary School in Akwa Ibom State
- Applicant must be teachers teaching SS1 – SS3
- Applicant must possess a minimum of HND, BSC, PGDE, MSc, Ph.D
- Principals can also apply
The ITF Teachers’ Award for Excellence online application is done in three (3) categories
- Award Winner
To choose winners for the awards, the Award Committee has put in place competitive, rigorous and transparent selection criteria:
- The Board shall review and rank West African School Certificate (WASC) results for all public secondary schools in Akwa Ibom state for initial shortlisting
- The board shall review the Senior Secondary 1, Senior Secondary 2, and Senior Secondary 3 students’ registration rate for the shortlisted schools
- The board shall visit schools to access and ascertain the availability of laboratories, libraries, and the general school environment to authenticate the school’s performance in the West African School Certificate (WASC) examination
- Input from the school principals, fellow teachers, and students of the selected teachers via questionnaires will be of advantage for shortlisting
- The board shall conduct an Aptitude/skill test administered by an independent body on the selected teachers
- Oral interview for final selection
Grand Mentor Teachers’ Award 2021 of the ITF Teachers Award for excellence is also open for application only for PAST WINNERS of the ITF Award Excellence.
- ONLY past and present winners of the Teachers’ Award for Excellence
- Must be eligible teachers who adopt between 4 and 7 teachers in their subject of specialization
- Must register their mentor group
- A combined average score of the top 4 members of the group
- Evidence of serious activity in the mentoring group throughout the year
- The individual score of the leader of the mentoring group
- Any special or distinct contribution toward achieving the objective of the Foundation beyond teaching in class or mentoring a fellow teacher
ITF Principal’s Award 2021 is awarded to exceptional Public Secondary School Heads/Principals in the ITF Teachers Award for Excellence.
- Only selected Principals chose from an instrument generated in collaboration with the State Secondary Education Board
- Selected principals who produce a dossier of their achievement in the school since appointment, which is then scrutinized based on earlier evaluation by ministry officials
- Note that Schools of shortlisted principals are visited to appraise their claims
- Also Principals with verified claims are invited to a screening test where consideration is given to practical management and administrative competence
- The best performing principals are then invited for an oral interaction with two consultants