In general, which is the academic calendar?
This is to educate you about the school calendar and the necessary information you need to know about the school admission date, graduation dates and other things been observed in the school, example holidays and breaks hope this information will guide you through
UPC is a very decentralised university. Each school/faculty has a specific calendar. Please check which will be the specific academic calendar of your host school and programme.
Orientatively, please note that in each academic year, the academic calendar has the following general pattern:
– First semester (Q1, autumn-winter semester)
- Arrival of international exchange students, and registration:
first week of September; following the indications of their host school/faculty at UPC.
- Start of the semester:
second week of September (ca. 10th or 12th of September)
- End of classes:
approx. 22nd December.
- Christmas holiday: from 24th December until 6th January, both included. UPC is closed due to energy saving and Christmas holiday.
- Final exams of the first (autumn) semester:
January, until first week of February.
-Second semester (Q2, spring-summer semester)
- Arrival of international exchange students:
first week of February; following the indications of their host school/faculty at UPC.
Important note: Apart from the students from the school of civil engineering (ETSECCPB), that start in the middle of January.
- Registration for the second (spring) semester:
First or second week of February
- Start of classes of the second semester:
- End of classes of the second semester:
first week of June
- Final exams of the second semester:
June, until the end of June.
- July: results and transcripts of records.
- August: summer holiday. UPC is closed in August due to energy saving and summer holiday.