Ebonyi State University (EBSU) Admission Screening Exercise Guidelines for 2022 Academic Session.
1. General Provisions:
This is to inform all candidates that the Admission Exercise for the 2022 Academic Session would be conducted on the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS).
- JAMB has approved that 1st choice Admission Exercise would be conducted from August 21st – November 15, 2022, while 2nd choice admission will be conducted from November 17 to December 2022 this is because of the virus “CoronaVirus”.
- Credit passes in O’level English Language and Mathematics respectively shall continue to form part of the mandatory general entry requirements for the 2022 admission/registration into all EBSU regular undergraduate programmes.
- EBSU will not write Post UTME Examination in 2022 admission exercise.
- Admission/Registration of candidates into undergraduate programmes of Faculty of Law and Medicine/Anatomy respectively shall continue to be based on possession of all relevant O’level entry requirements at one sitting.
- Candidates are to score a minimum of 160 in the concluded UTME Examination
- PDS with a minimum score of 160.
- The NUC approved admission carrying capacity for EBSU remains 5117
- There shall be no recommendation/admission of candidates into undergraduate programmes on Awaiting Result basis. For the avoidance of doubt, no candidate who fails to present a ready qualifying statement of result or certificate as evidence of the fulfilment of prescribed entry requirements for admission through UTME or Direct Entry (D/E) shall be recommended/selected, admitted or registered provisionally.
- In addition to other stipulated criteria for supplementary admission, no successful pre-degree graduate without a minimum UTME score of 170 shall be considered for admission.
- No candidate with an average score of less than each of the Faculty’s cut-off marks as in three(3) below, shall be considered for admission.
- Pre-Degree graduates or candidates who neither put EBSU as first nor second choice University shall not be considered for admission except JAMB permits of it.
- Direct Entry admission shall continue to take 10% of EBSU total quota.
- Direct Entry admission seekers whose O’level results are not screened online may not be considered for admission.
- A minimum of OND/OF Upper Credit shall continue to form basic criteria for Direct Entry admission into EBSU programmes.
2. Conference Admission:
The selection of candidates for admission/registration into undergraduate programmes shall continue to be by modified Conference arrangement whereby Department/Faculty lists are to be mandatorily presented with each Department/Faculty Admission Committee’s minutes (with duly signed, attendance lists of members).
N/B: Any list that falls short of the foregoing shall be discountenanced and an alternative list generated by the Management administratively.
Ebonyi State University Abakaliki (EBSU) general cut – off point for the 2022 admission is 160 (one hundred and sixty) score in the JAMB/UTME. However, the minimum cut – off points required for admission/registration in the various programmes are available through the link below >> EBSU Post-UTME Admission Departmental Cut Off Marks 2022
3. Procedure for Selection of Candidates for Merit Admission
The first choice of admission is to be guided by JAMB approved admission criteria as follows:
- Merit: Here about 40 (forty) percent of each programme shall be selected as general merit (R/M)
- Locality/Catchment (R/L): Also in this category, 40% of the quota of each programme shall be selected and Spread among the 13 Federal recognized Local Government Areas of Ebonyi State.
- ELDS: Educationally less developed states shall be discretionary applied if constraints of the 2022 NUC quota and prevailing imperative within EBSU as a State University permits. Meanwhile, be reminded that the states recognized to be educationally less developed include: Adamawa, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Ebonyi, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe and Zamfara.
- JAMB approved UTME subject combinations for different courses in the brochure shall continue to be a yardstick for all admission selection.
- Physically Challenged candidates with acceptable minimum UTME (JAMB) score are to be given preferential treatment.