Uniuyo Admission for 2023/2024, UNIUYO JAMB Cut-off Mark For All Courses 2023/2024 Academic Session
Uniuyo Admission, WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF UYO – UNIUYO
Admission into the Bachelor’s degree programme is done through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB). The entry requirements seek to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to benefit from the programme. For entry into the Bachelor’s degree programmes, candidates are normally admitted through Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry or through the Pre-degree programme. Candidates are made to go through the screening test for all modes of admission.
|Institution||University of Uyo|
|Mode of Admission||UTME, DE, Continuing Education, Diploma, Basic Studies, Pre-Degree|
|Courses in Uniuyo||91|
|JAMB Quota||80% (i.e. 45 Merits and 35 catchment Area|
|Jamb Cut off Mark||180|
|Departmental Cut off mark||Depending on Dept|
|Mode of Screening||Paper/Credentials screening/Online|
|Requirement For Screening|
|Original JAMB result||Yes|
|Passport||Yes (Red Background)|
|O’level Result||Yes – must also be uploaded on JAMB portal|
|Certificate of Birth||Yes|
|Certificate of Origin||Yes|
|Post UTME Admission portal||Uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals|
|Features on Campus|
|Accommodation||Standard Male/female Hostels|
ADMISSION THROUGH UNIFIED TERTIARY MATRICULATION EXAMINATION (UTME)
Candidates seeking admission through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) should meet the following requirements:
(i) The West African school certificate, General certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) or Senior Secondary School Certificate with at least credit passes in five subjects, including the English Language at not more than two sittings or equivalent qualifications (e.g Merit in Teachers Grade II Certificate in approved subjects is recognized as equivalent to credit in the senior secondary school Certificate)
(ii) Satisfactory performance in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
(iii) Satisfactory performance in the Post-Utme Screening Exercise conducted by the University.
- ADMISSION THROUGH DIRECT ENTRY (DE)
candidates seeking admission into the University through Direct Entry should possess, in addition to ordinary level requirements, one of the followings:
(i) The General Certificate of Education at Advanced Level in at least two relevant subjects
(ii) Also Ordinary National Diploma (OND) at Upper/Lower Credit level from recognized institutions.
(iii) Required Higher National Diploma (HND) at Upper/Lower Credit Level from recognized institutions
(iv) Required Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with a minimum of merit in the relevant subject(s) from recognized institutions
(v) Required Bachelor’s degree from recognized institutions
Departmental admission requirements in addition to the above stated general requirement, stipulated by the University and reflected in the Brochure of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) must be met by candidates.Note: admission Requirement is subject to review from time to time.
- ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR BACHELOR OF MEDICINE AND BACHELOR OF SURGERY (MB.BS) DEGREEcandidates are admitted to the MB.BS Degree Programme either through the competitive JAMB examination, using accepted JAMB criteria for a six-year programme; or by Direct Entry for a given year programme for candidates with AI level GC/HSC or a good class degree in the Sciences. For candidates admitted through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), credit passes in five subjects in the SSCE/equivalent examination at not more than 2 sittings of each or any combination of the examinations, in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and English Language are mandatory requirements. For Direct Entry students, a good grade passes in the following subjects; Chemistry, Physics, Biology or Zoology, plus a credit pass in English Language or an equivalent examination; or a good class in the Sciences plus, a credit pass in the English Language at WASCE or an equivalent examination are required.
Deferment of Admission:
In the University of Uyo, the deferment of admission takes place in a situation in which a candidate who has been offered admission is unable to take up the admission in that academic year. In order for deferment of admission to be approved by Senate, the candidate must:
- Must have appeared for screening and was found qualified for registration in the Department into which he was offered admission;
- Must have formally accepted the admission and paid the Acceptance fee;
- Must have one of the following reasons for deferment;
b. ill-health, in which case, he must submit a Medical Report authenticated by the Director of Health Services of the University.
c. Non-release by employer
d. family problem
Under no circumstance should a candidate defer admission in order to make up for a deficiency in admission requirements.
SUSPENSION OF STUDIES:
A registered and matriculated student of the University can suspend his studies under the following conditions:
- The student must have undergone screening, got registered and commenced studies for a period of time;
- The student must have proffered the following reasons;
- The suspension of studies should normally be for a maximum period of one academic year in the first instance.
- The application for suspension of studies should be submitted through the Head of Department to the Dean of Faculty.
- The faculty should deliberate on it and make a recommendation to the Senate through the Business Committee of Senate
It is worthy of note that admission into federal higher institutions in Nigeria through JAMB Is done on a quota basis.
The following is a breakdown of the quota given to UNIUYO for admission in 2023/2024 academic session;
|Catchment Area||35 %||Yes|
|Educationally Less Developed States (ELDS)||20 %||No.|
Admission Based on Merit Explained
Admission into all Federal Higher institutions of learning is reserved for candidates with very high UTME score i.e. based on performance irrespective of the State of Origin. Forty-Five per cent (45%) of the available admission space is reserved for such eligible candidates.
Here admission is based on merit.
Admission Based on Catchment Area
Specific State of the Federation has been identified as catchment areas of Federal Higher Institutions of Learning. Thirty-five per cent (35%) of the available admission space Is reserved for eligible candidates whose states of origin have been identified as catchment areas of the institution of choice.
Uniuyo is identified as catchment areas.
Admission Based on ELDS:
Twenty-three (23) states of the federation have been identified as Educationally Less Developed States (ELDS). These states are Adamawa, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Ebonyi, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe and Zamfara.
Candidates from these state are given special consideration for admission into Federal Higher Institutions. Twenty per cent (20%) of the available admission space is reserved for such eligible candidates.
COURSES OFFERED IN UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE
- AGRIC-ECONOMICS AND EXTENSION:
- AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND EDUCATION
- ANIMAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL BIOLOGY
- ANIMAL SCIENCE
- BANKING AND FINANCE
- BOTANY AND ECOLOGICAL STUDIES
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING:
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMMUNICATION ARTS
- COMPUTER EDUCATION
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING:
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- CURRICULUM STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY:
- EDUCATION AND ECONOMICS
- EDUCATION AND EFIK/IBIBIO
- EDUCATION AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION AND FRENCH:
- EDUCATION AND GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION AND HISTORY:
- EDUCATION AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE:
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND MUSIC:
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- EDUCATION AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND SOCIAL SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND SOCIAL STUDIES
- EDUCATION ARTS:
- EDUCATION/FINE ART
- EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- FINE AND INDUSTRIAL ARTS
- FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE:
- FISHERIES AND AQUATIC ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT:
- FOOD ENGINEERING
- FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE:
- GEOGRAPHY AND REGIONAL PLANNING
- GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
- HEALTH EDUCATION
- HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
- HOME ECONOMICS
- HOME ECONOMICS AND EDUCATION
- HUMAN ANATOMY
- LAND SURVEYING AND GEOINFORMATICS
- LIBRARY SCIENCE
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- PRE-PRIMARY AND PRIMARY EDUCATION:
- QUANTITY SURVEYING
- RELIGIOUS AND CULTURAL STUDIES
- SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY
- SOIL SCIENCE
- SPECIAL EDUCATION
- TEACHER EDUCATION SCIENCE:
- TECHNICAL EDUCATION:
- THEATRE ARTS
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING
For more enquiries, please use the comment box below, we will attend to you immediately.
Also, like and share this post with friends.