Currently, international merit scholarships are worth up to $30,000 per year towards tuition costs. All students are automatically considered for a merit scholarship when we receive your application and required documents.
Students are automatically considered for an international merit scholarship upon applying for admission. Simply complete the admission application for consideration. We encourage you to review details on the application process, and most importantly the links to several free online applications, one of which the University of Dayton’s application.
About University of Dayton (UD)
The University of Dayton (UD) is a private Catholic research university located in Dayton, Ohio, USA. It was founded in 1850 by the Marianist religious order and is one of the largest Catholic universities in the United States. The university has a strong reputation for academic excellence, research, and community engagement.
UD offers more than 80 undergraduate and 50 graduate programs across various disciplines, including business, engineering, education, humanities, and sciences. The university is known for its strong engineering and entrepreneurship programs, as well as its commitment to sustainability and social justice.
UD has a student-to-faculty ratio of 15:1, and the average class size is 23 students. The university is home to over 8,000 undergraduate and graduate students from all 50 states and over 70 countries, creating a diverse and inclusive campus community.
In addition to its academic programs, UD is known for its research and innovation efforts, with a number of research centers and institutes focused on topics such as sustainability, energy, and human rights. The university also has a strong commitment to community engagement, with a number of service and volunteer opportunities available to students.
UD is also known for its campus culture, with a range of student-led clubs and organizations, NCAA Division I athletics teams, and a vibrant arts scene. The university has a strong Marianist identity, with a focus on educating the whole person and preparing students to be ethical leaders and active citizens in a global society.
University of Dayton Merit scholarships
- Type Undergraduate
- Organisation: University of Dayton (UD)
- Country to study: United States
- School to study : University of Dayton
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2023
Aim and Benefits of University of Dayton Merit scholarships
The University of Dayton offers a range of merit-based scholarships to recognize and reward outstanding academic achievement, leadership potential, and other qualities that contribute to the university community. The specific aims and benefits of University of Dayton merit scholarships may vary depending on the scholarship program, but some common objectives and advantages include:
- Encouraging academic excellence: University of Dayton merit scholarships aim to recognize and reward students who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement, including high GPAs, strong test scores, and other indicators of academic excellence.
- Supporting diverse and inclusive communities: Many University of Dayton scholarships are designed to support a diverse and inclusive student body, with awards available to students from a range of backgrounds, cultures, and identities.
- Promoting leadership and service: University of Dayton scholarships seek to recognize students who have demonstrated leadership potential and a commitment to community service, and provide opportunities for further development of these skills.
- Reducing financial barriers: University of Dayton merit scholarships provide financial support to help students cover the costs of tuition, fees, and other educational expenses, reducing financial barriers and making a University of Dayton education more accessible to a wider range of students.
- Enhancing career prospects: University of Dayton scholarships can help students pursue their academic and professional goals by providing financial support for internships, research projects, study abroad programs, and other experiences that can enhance their skills and career prospects.
Overall, University of Dayton merit scholarships are designed to support and enhance the educational experiences of talented and deserving students, while also promoting the values of academic excellence, diversity and inclusion, leadership, and community service that are central to the University of Dayton community.
Requirements for University of Dayton Merit scholarships Qualification
The specific requirements for University of Dayton merit scholarships vary depending on the scholarship program. However, some general eligibility criteria that may be considered for most scholarships include:
- Academic achievement: Applicants must have a strong academic record, with a minimum GPA requirement usually between 3.0 and 4.0.
- Test scores: Some scholarships may require specific test scores, such as SAT or ACT scores.
- Leadership potential: Many scholarships seek to recognize and reward students who have demonstrated leadership potential, either through extracurricular activities or community involvement.
- Community service: Some scholarships may require applicants to have a record of community service or volunteer work.
- Diversity and inclusion: Some scholarships are specifically designed to support students from underrepresented backgrounds, including racial and ethnic minorities, first-generation college students, and students from low-income families.
- Admissions application: Applicants must have submitted a complete application for admission to the University of Dayton, which includes transcripts, test scores, and other required materials.
It’s important to note that meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee that an applicant will receive a scholarship, as selection is competitive and based on the overall strength of the applicant pool. Applicants should carefully review the specific eligibility requirements for each scholarship they are interested in and submit a strong application that highlights their achievements, potential, and fit with the University of Dayton community.
Interview date, Process and Venue for University of Dayton Merit scholarships
- Once your application is complete, the evaluation and review process takes approximately 2-4 weeks (certain programs may have a longer evaluation and review process).
- Official decision letters, immigration documents, and instructions for confirming your enrollment will be sent via email to the email address used on the admission application.
- You can check your status at any time in your application portal to see what documents we have received and what is still needed to complete your application.
The University of Dayton’s calendar year is divided into three terms. Application deadlines for international students are:
- Fall term (August through December) — May 1
- Spring term (January through April) — November 1
- Summer term (Transfer students only, May through July) — March 1
Should you be unable to attend a specific term, please return to your admission portal to submit a new application for a future term.
May 31, 2023
How to Apply
To be considered for University of Dayton Merit scholarships, applicants should complete the admission application for the program. Apply for free using the University of Dayton Application We will accept documents through email at [email protected].