UNN postgraduate form: The University of Nigeria, Nsukka offers all the programs leading to the award of the Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters, and Doctorate degrees in the various Faculties and in the areas well specified under each of the Department/Institute/Centre for the incoming 2021/2022 academic session.
Applications are always invited from any qualified candidates for provisional admission into the UNN Postgraduate Programmes for the year 2020.
This is to inform the universal public that the Postgraduate Admissions Computer Based Screening Test that was earlier scheduled to take place on the 17th and 18th July 2020 has been however postponed till further notice.
We wish to inform all the qualified candidates that the sale of the application forms for the 2021/2022 postgraduate admissions at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka is still on.
All the prospective postgraduate students should apply for the admission online following the valid method of the application specified in the postgraduate programs advert published earlier this year by us..
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- All the candidates for admission into any postgraduate program of the University must at least obtain 5 credits at not more than the required two sittings in WASCCE or GCE or NECO or NABTEB including the English Language.
- The Candidates must possess the minimum entry requirements for admission into the first degree and the postgraduate programs in their areas of interest for postgraduate studies.
- Graduates of the University of Nigeria or other well-recognized Universities who also possess the above qualifications are thereby eligible to apply for it.
- For the PGD in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Architecture, only candidates with University degrees in relevant areas need to apply for it.
DURATION OF THE UNN POSTGRADUATE AVAILABLE COURSES
- Postgraduate Diploma (Regular) – 2 semesters
- Postgraduate Diploma (Sandwich)
- Master’s degree (Regular) :
- A minimum of at least 3 semesters for the full-time and 5 Semesters for part-time in all the Departments/Faculties
- A minimum of at least 4 semesters for the Full-time and 6 semesters for the part-time for the following Departments/Faculties: Sociology, Psychology, Public Administration and Local Government (PALG), Agriculture, Veterinary Medicine, Education & Business Administration.
- Ed. (Sandwich)
- D. degree Programme –A minimum of at least six semesters for the full time and at least eight semesters for the part-time in all the Faculties except for the Agriculture which sums up four semesters for the full time and at least six semesters for the part-time.
- Each of the candidates is expected to complete their programs at the minimum duration but not to exceed the maximum.
METHOD OF APPLICATION FOR UNN POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION
All the Application Forms shall be obtained ONLINE on the payment of a non-refundable fee of N26,700 (Twenty Six thousand Seven Hundred Naira) that is to be made payable to “The University of Nigeria Postgraduate Application Fees Account, at any bank of your choice within the country using the Remita platform.
Go through the following processes for the application for the postgraduate form
- Tap on the UNN official Portal or through this link unnportal.unn.edu.ng.
- Click on the PG Application form for you to generate an invoice for the payment.
- Use your phone number to generate the invoice. You are much advised to use an active number to enable us to reach out to you for the admission screening test.
- Proceed to any Bank of your choice with the Remita platform for the payments.
- Return to the official UNN Portal with the payment confirmation pin from the commercial Bank.
- Follow the procedure for completing the form.
When you are completing the application form, the candidates shall also supply the valid email addresses of their referees through which a link will be sent to the referees with the request for them to complete the Report Form in respect of the candidate and then submit online.